So? What is the Mystery Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
Thank whoever gifted you and include a link to their blog
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well:
THANK YOU MATTHEW!!! (Yes, I just shouted that.) His blog is awesome, very very funny and inspirational. He is a poetic writer (although he might disagree with me on the poetic part) who likes to make people laugh. Thankful I found his blog! He also has a really fun series right now about superheroes. Totally worth checking out! I just subscribed to his video channel today…and I will tell you, wear extra pants because he will have you laughing so hard you will probably pee through everything. His facial expressions alone are rolling-on-the-floor funny. Enjoy!!
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself:
- I am a mom to 2 boys (one has special needs and the other seems to need me a lot…so I am pretty busy being mom most of the time.)
- I am not an athlete…however, I am training for 3 half marathons this year (the first one is in 32 days!! EEEEEeeek) and a Sprint triathlon. And I still don’t feel like an athlete or a runner. I feel like it is an elite group that I can’t break into.
- When I have an idea for a poem, I have to get it typed out very quickly or I lose interest in it. Which pretty much describes me as a person as well. I exhaust myself in something and then I am finished with it forever. I can’t even reread my old poems without cringing. The same feelings that went into creating them have already changed and I am over them and need to move on.
Answer the questions from the person who gifted you the Award
Matthew’s questions for me:
1. Why are you on this planet? Hopefully, to inspire. But I won’t really know the reason I am here till it is all over, right? I am a big believer in love and that that is what drives us as humans in all things. I hope my poetry and my life reflect that.
2. Are you Happy? Overall, yes. Most days. I think happiness is defined in moments and not in an overall sense of happiness. I like to make lists of what makes me happy if I am feeling down and work on doing those things to get back to happiness. Also, laughter helps. A ton. I seek out those who make me laugh and hopefully do the same for them. I get stuck in my own seriousness WAY too often.
3. What is your favorite Myth? Lochness Monster. I sort of would *love* to see a dinosaur swimming. Wouldn’t you? Terrifying but awesome at the same time. And maybe a unicorn. Although their bodies are kinda weird, so maybe just from like a really far distance and a great camera.
4. How tall are you? I’m pretty sure the only correct answer to this is: tall enough to be awesome in all things. or 5’6. Both answers work, right? (Fun fact, I thought I was 5’7 for forever…or at least until last year when my doctor broke the news to me that I had been adding an inch to my height all these years. I wasn’t sure if I should feel let down or just happy to know the truth. At least I can still ride all the rides at the amusement park.)
5. Can you make me laugh? Please Explain? I was snuggling my 3 year old this morning and told him what the plan for the day was. He loving looked up at me and said in his best Peppa Pig accent, “But mommy, I want to stay home and itch my butt all day.” Same buddy. Same.
Choose bloggers that you wish to gift the Award to no more than 3
Ask 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny one
Notify those you gift the Award to
I Give this Award to:
(I am new to the WordPress party…as in, I just started my blog a few months ago and really have no idea what I am doing. In that respect, 2 bloggers with whom I have been following and loving their writing for the past few months–besides Matthew’s (https://seekingpurposetoday.com/) of course–come to mind.)
Dirty Sci-Fi Buddha: I can’t get enough of this guy’s writing. He is hilarious! With a mix of Sci-Fi and a little dirty and that is exactly my kind of writing. He writes ads for his books that are equally as awesome and entertaining. He also has something called “Musings” and I think they are fabulously introspective. You can get them on your Kindle (along with his books, which are VERY reasonably priced.) The Musings will help inspire you and his books will make you laugh. The Sci-Fi world he has created is far better and more intricate than many Hollywood movies and novels. He is definitely one to follow. (Oh! He has a podcast too that makes for some really fun entertainment as well.)
and the second blogger I give the award to:
JohnCoyote: He writes of love and lust and longing and memories and war and everything in-between. There is a wisdom in his writing, like he is reflecting back on his life and the world that he has experienced with gentle eyes. Everything he writes is enjoyable and beautifully constructed. It is almost like having a poetic conversation with him as he spills his soul on to the page.
My questions for the bloggers I nominated:
- What drives your writing, why do you do it?
- If you could have any one thing be different in your life, what would you choose?
- What is your favorite way to spend time?
- Do you like olives or pickles? There is only one right answer to that one. And don’t you say black olives only, because they are the worst ones.
- If you could pick one famous person or fictional character to be your best friend (alive, dead, doesn’t matter..) who would you choose?