Hey everyone! So my fellow bloggers and followers Huguette (she takes the time to comment on every single thing I write and I love that she does) and Shad from GlowUpWithShad have nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
Thank you Huguette!! https://huguetteantoun.com/
Please go check out her blog–she does NOT shy away from the truth…she tells things how they really are and doesn’t gloss over anything. (She is pretty funny, too!) Also, she has some amazing stories about growing up that I just can’t get enough of. There is something very humbling about reading and hearing how differently people have grown up on this planet.
Thank you Shad!! https://glowupwithshad.wordpress.com/
Please go check out her blog out as well! Her blog is FULL of positivity and love and great advice. Her writing is very down-to-Earth and she gives practical ways to help make your life better…what’s NOT to love about that??
I am terrible at these things! I feel like I might let all my weirdness show and try to avoid them.
But–I will do my best to follow the directions and fulfill the requirements asked of me.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you. CHECK! CHECK!
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you. CHECK! CHECK!
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions. (The last time I tagged fellow bloggers, they didn’t even bat an eye. So IF YOU WANT TO answer any of these questions that I have answered, please do so and I will edit this to tag you…stole that from Huguette…smart woman!)
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog. CHECK!
Favorite actor / actress–Robin Williams, Robert Downey, Jr., Tom Hanks, Leonardo DiCaprio, Meryl Streep, Jodie Foster, Julia Roberts…I could list a bunch more.
Favorite TV series–Game of Thrones, Baskets, Doctor Who, Call The Midwife
What do you think about tattoos? I don’t have any. If you want some, go for it.
Are you with death penalty considering a family member was murdered? This is a loaded question. I don’t believe in the killing of anyone…ever. There are people that have done some absolutely horrific things to other people in this life that I *wish* did not have to exist…but still…no, I don’t believe in the death penalty. I can’t even kill the spiders that sneak into my home. I should NEVER be in charge of these kinds of things. Thankfully, I’m not!
Beer or wine? Both. Usually wine though. Beer–lagers, never light. Wine–prefer whites (Pinot Grigio) but love a full-bodied red on a cool, crisp night in the Fall…mmmm…by a campfire…
Which scent / perfume do you use? I used to wear Coco Chanel Mademoiselle ALL THE TIME. But I don’t wear it anymore (I’ve got asthma and realized it was contributing to my wheeziness.) I do, however, like to smell nice so I make a combination of essential oils when I do wear anything–Sandalwood, Sweet Orange and Vanilla. I even add it to my hair and my lotion bars.
What you would like to be called (a nick name or pet name or maybe your real name)? Hmmmm…I HATE when people shorten my name. ESPECIALLY when they don’t even ask first! I think pet names and nick names should come from an experience with someone. I once called a guy Champ all the time. It came out naturally and he was, a Champion to me.
What’s your point of weakness? Ugh. I don’t even know how to answer this. I have MANY weaknesses. I’m terrified of alligators. THAT is definitely a weakness of mine. If I saw an alligator swimming towards me, I’d be dead. The weakness in my body would take over and I would die before it even got to me.
When it comes to people? I hate when people don’t like me. It is so stupid, but I do. It is really hard for me. I don’t understand what I did wrong or what I did to deserve it. There are a few women on Twitter who have blocked me from their pages–how weird is that? I don’t even know them or have interacted with them and they blocked me. I try not to let stuff like that bother me, but it does.
Also–when someone shows me their vulnerability, it is hard for me to turn away. I want to help or be there for them in some way and it is difficult for me to not help them…and alligators. Those beasts terrify the beje$%$%$ out of me. And ALIENS. Don’t get me started on ALIENS.
Are you happy? Explain. Well, dammit Huguette. You’ve loaded on the heavy ones. In this moment, I am tired. A little down, actually. Sometimes, I let the weight of everything bother me and I get depressed. Today I had someone critique my poetry in a way that made me feel like I shouldn’t even bother writing. It isn’t the first time, but it still hurts. So I’m happy, usually. And sometimes, I’m not. (I wrote that bit last night. Today is a new day. I’m baking cookies with my 4 year old today and since it is raining–we might splash in some puddles later!)
Would you take a bullet for someone you love? Of course. Without question.
What do you think about paragliding? Scary…but I am trying to do things outside my comfort zone and it would be fun to try. Heights scare me. OOOhhh! Another point of weakness!
1. Do you think your blog has made someone’s life simpler? I’m not sure about simpler. I’ve always wanted to inspire with my words and *hopefully* open up someone’s imagination and get them to feel or think about something they didn’t think about before. My Fantasy Friday poems are meant to encourage others to enjoy/explore their partner’s bodies together….or just their own bodies…while listening to my poetry–how fun is that?!
2. How many books have you read so far this year, which ones are your favorite? I am going to go with 5 so far this year. I used to be a prolific reader, however this year, I’m working on my poetry and not reading as much as I wish I could. I recently read my friend Matt’s book Trent Foster & The Council of 10 and I was blown away with where the story went. It was such a twist ending that I was amazed up until the last page. If you want to check his site and book out–
3. What has been your biggest challenges since you started the blog? and how did you overcome it? The biggest challenge has been myself–worrying that my poetry sucks, no one will read, that I am not inspirational to anyone. I have not overcome it. I *almost* delete my blog like every other day.
4. What motivates you to get up in the morning? My kids. Then a really strong cup of coffee. Then the VSS prompt challenge. After that, it is all up in the air.
5. What are your best three quotes?
“Time is only wasted if you make it so.”
“Time is both generous and cruel to its mortal slaves.”
“Slip me a DM about it, don’t go all crazy in the comment section like you forgot to bring a condom to the biggest party of your life.”
6. What do think is more effective, EQ or IQ? Experience. Kindness. The ability to work out a problem on their own or asking for help when they need it. I think that determines how smart a person really is.
7. How do you think we can make the world a better place? Another LOADED question. Ugh. I think there are so many factors to this. In my humble opinion, I think that Mother Teresa said it best: “If you want to bring happiness to the whole world, go home and love your family.” I think to really make the world a better place, we need to do that and then go beyond it. We need to love our communities, so that those communities can help others and then they can help other communities, and then so on and so forth. Also, listening. I think we need to stop talking over each other all the time and just listen. Everyone has a story. Everyone has something to say. Listening is always a good place to start any type of change or to heal/mend broken relationships.
8. Who is your blogger bestie? Nadine! She is the best. She is loving, supportive, silly, kind and has a dark side that is full of wondrous magic and love. I’m so happy that the Twitter/WordPress world brought us together. We even write poetry together…just for fun! (I hope she isn’t embarrassed that I tagged her like this!)
9. Where are you blogging from? Minnesota. The laundry room. My computer is literally next to a pile of clothes (clean, but unfolded.)
10. Any tips for beginner blogs? I’m a beginner blogger myself, so I am not sure how to answer this one. Keep writing? If you love it, keep doing it. Don’t worry about numbers, people that want to read what you are writing will find you and read your work.
11. What’s your best blog experience? I have loved all the support from my fellow bloggers and writers. Some people have been so loving and supportive of my writing–it makes it easier to continue doing so.
I am not going to ask anyone to answer any questions…but I do want to give a shout out to some of my favorite blogs.
Kent Wayne/aka DirtySciFiBuddha--his site has been my favorite from the beginning. He doesn’t hold back with his writing and has this entire Sci-fi world that he created that blows my mind. I am amazed by his writing every time I click on a new chapter. His “Musings” are insightful and poetic. He is one of the best writers out there and I am so happy I found his site!
Tom/EagleCanyonFlyer–He writes short stories, little musings on life (some are so funny!), obituaries for loved ones that he has lost and a mix of just about everything. I wish he would do more audio work–he sounds like a radio news caster! He is fun and very supportive on here.
Priya/WhenAnIntrovertSpeaks–Her six-word-stories are so lovely. I hope she compiles them into a book someday. Her writing is delicate and mighty at the same time. She says so much in so few words. I am in awe of everything I’ve ever read from her.
John Coyote–His poetry is it’s own genre. He writes in a story form, but it is poetic. His life experiences have made his writing come alive. He has so many stories to tell and I can’t get enough of them! Some of them are very sensual, some are sad and others are inspiring. All are beautiful.
River Dixon/TheStoriesinBetween–I don’t usually get jealous of other writers because we are all so different in our abilities…but his..his poetry is phenomenal. I am a *bit* jealous when I read how well he strings words together. I am a lover of words and if someone could fall in love with just the words, I would say that his do that to me. His poetry is some of the best I’ve ever read. I don’t even know how to comment on his work sometimes because it always leaves me feeling speechless.